This is the story of what happens when a couple, a New Zealander and an American, decide to open a wine bar and wine shop on Duval Street in Key West. This is true account of the highs and lows of trying to start up a bar. Be ready over the weeks and months to experience the joy and drama.

Saturday, September 4, 2010


Valerie:

We're getting them, starting to build some real steam. We have most of the outside done, just needs a good paint job and touch up. It's bigger than I thought the outside area would be. I can almost taste the zinfandel now as i relax on the porch with some good friends and solve all of the world problems..

I actually did some physical labour at the shop today. I linseed oiled the bathroom cedar wall. And it looks good. The extent of my work has been helping to haul materials about and cleaning. I have logged many hours doing paperwork, organizing, banking, ordering, pretty much everything but construction. There is nothing more satisfying as actually seeing a finished product. Seating in front a desk and filling out forms doesn't give the same feeling as accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment